Saturday, July 28, 2007

Music

Nope, I'm not feeling too snappy tonight when it comes to post titles. Sorry. My nephew is now back home in VA and I have a lot of free time all of a sudden. You'd think I'd spend all of this free time cleaning my house, which is now a disaster. I believe Cooper has been sleeping on the pile of "clean" clothes on my bedroom floor....clean clothes that have spilled over from my laundry basket, the laundry basket that has been sitting on my floor for over two weeks now. That's how a) busy I've been, and b) unmotivated I am now that I have free time. Instead of cleaning I have been taking the time to just relax. I think this "just relaxing" is really code for "taking a day or two to be sad now that my nephew has left".

Cooper doesn't seem to mind my lack of cleaning activities. I left him out of his crate tonight when I ran a quick errand--the first time he's had that freedom. I came home to a happy Cooper and a decimated bag of peanuts. I had left a paper bag full of peanuts-in-the-shell on the dining room table and Cooper climbed up on the table and ripped the bag to shreds. I would have loved to have seen that scene. Oh, and he finished a small bag of animal crackers, too. For a dog who doesn't get people food, he must have been in doggie heaven.

On to the title of my post: music. I've been filling some of my free time by listening to music. I miss music. Music and I have a long, passionate history, but this past year in Detroit was rather music-free. I started listening to some random songs I downloaded from iTunes: Klaxons, Guster, Stereophonics, and the new Interpol album. I then started craving some of my past favorites: Jeff Buckley, Coldplay.....I'll be reacquainting myself with music and I'm looking forward to it.

Sunrise at Kyle's cabin

No comments: