Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Transitioning to "Summer Janine"

Who is "Summer Janine" you ask? The girl who drives a lot (thanks to the new job location), but loves it because she listens to music that she's either discovering for the first time or rediscovering after a school-driven-music-hiatus, the girl who thinks a lot (while listening to music and driving), the girl who goes for lots of runs (because there really isn't much else to do in the summer besides exercise and organize), the girl whose room is really clean all of the time (reference "organize"), the girl who is just peacefully happy.

Happy because I like to think. And my world is pretty much together. And I'm in shape.


The first sign of this transition: I bought "The Fray" CD from itunes and the first thing I did was burn a copy to listen to in the car while I drive. So far, since my commute hasn't really started yet and my car-time has been limited to random 15 minute spurts, I've been listening to it on my computer using headphones (the only way to really listen to a new CD for the first time if blasting it in your car isn't an option). I love it. I believe it will make for a great driving companion. So anyone out there who is interested in good new music (Solomon), check it out!

Tonight I met up with some friends to go to Vinology for the first time. While I can't verify the accuracy of Solomon's Mojito recommendation, all of the wines we sampled were excellent and the atmosphere made for a nice grown-up evening out. AND they gave us all chocolate covered grapes in lieu of after-dinner mints or candies. Excellent.

Tomorrow night will be more hangin' out with friends and some long overdue trivia.

Yes, summer is here. :-)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Thanks for coming out last night, SUmmer Janine!