Monday, May 08, 2006

Free time is good

Graduation has come and gone and with my new-found free time I've been running around and being very productive. I drove into Detroit twice last week for new job preparations and lunch with Kyle. I took Jess out to dinner at the Chop House as a 'thank you' for being a supportive sister during my two years of grad school. And I FINALLY got my car fixed, an oil change, and tires rotated in preparation for commuting every day.

I was able to meet up with friends on Friday night when Kyle and I joined the group for Julia's birthday dinner and to celebrate Cinco de Mayo! Hopefully there will be lots more socializing this coming week before people head out to their new locations and ventures.

The great thing about not being in school is that I can enjoy the outdoors more. Jess bought Josh a kite and we went out on Saturday and tried to fly it inspite of very sporadic, and at times, non-existant wind. Oh well, he had a good time regardless.

I'm going to continue to enjoy my time off and try to be as productive as possible before I start work next week......because who knows what'll happen once I start commuting!

Here are more graduation pics:



No comments: