Sunday, January 21, 2007

Wanted: Fancy Shoes

Today I went shopping for a dress to wear to the med school Gala and I realized that I have expensive taste, which is unfortunate because I won't pay for expensive things. Being poor in grad school really restructured my spending habits. So I ooh and ahh over gorgeous things and then walk away........unless there is a sale (that's the only reason I own a pair of Coach black leather pumps and other beautiful shoes). And today there was a sale! I found a perfect dress that satisfies my craving for expensive things that also happened to be 50% off. Now all I need is a pair of fancy shoes. Of course the ones I love are really expensive.......

In other news, I started running again. And apparently the "in" thing to do at a certain local park is to sit in your car and smoke pot. As I ran that's all I could smell. I then realized that almost every car that I ran past had at least one person sitting in it and sometimes there was a towel covering part of the window. How sketchy is that? I suddenly started feeling a little unsafe in my mid-day surroundings. It was kinda like one of those pictures where at first glance you see one thing and as you keep looking at it a whole different picture emerges.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Hmm... Ann Taylor/Ann Taylor Loft both have some great shoes that were on sale as of a couple of weeks ago, at least :)

Anonymous said...

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1738084/context/popular

awwwhhhh, goooood puuuupppyyyy :-)