Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Back to work!

Potomac River

I'm back to my usual routine after my trip to DC, which was excellent. After my meetings during the day I enjoyed spending time with my family and one night I met up with my friend Julia for dinner. It was great seeing a SPH friend!

I took the Metro into Bethesda one day during rush hour and vowed never to do it again. I love the Metro. I think it is a fantastic system for avoiding horrendous traffic....except when you are packed tight, there's "traffic" in the tunnel (turning an hour commute into an hour and 45 minute commute) with lots of starting and stopping, and you suffer easily from motion sickness. Ugh. Needless to say, I drove the next day. But I happily took the Metro for all of my other DC adventures.

The fam is great. I miss them terribly. Dad and I took a walk along the bike trail by Reagan National and I realized how much I miss having an outlet for outdoor physical activity!! Detroit isn't so hot for the walking trails.

Kyle flew in on Friday night and on Saturday the two of us, Josh, and Jess took the Metro in to explore a few museums. Also, Kyle and I had the extraordinary luck to get to go up to the top of the Washington Monument! I hadn't been up there since I was 10 years old (pre-restoration days) and it was worth the wait. Dad met up with us later in the day and we had a huge family feast that night. Ahhh, family :-)

Now that I'm back, work is more frenzied, I have to catch up on my classwork, and I need to figure out what the heck I'm going to do for Halloween! I've been slacking on my costume decision.....

Jess, Josh, and Kyle goofin' off ;-)

No comments: