Monday, August 21, 2006

Congrats are in order!

Congratulations to Stephanie and Matt, who became engaged this past week! At a picturesque Oregon waterfall of all places :-)

So over the past few months friends Mary, Gabby, and Steph, and Kyle's friend Andy have all become engaged. Something must be in the water--or maybe it's just that time in life.

On to other news, I've been keeping fairly busy here in Detroit. I've put in an application to volunteer somewhere, I've found a gym to work out at, my apartment is coming together (I found a dinning room table!) and I'm looking into taking a few classes in order to go to nursing school next year.......
Yeah, I know:
1) more school?
2) no PhD??
More school--yes. No PhD--not necessarily. I can always get my PhD down the road, but right now I'm more interested in putting my research skills to good use, while having the ability to help (little) people directly.

Kyle took me to my first Detroit Tigers baseball game last Friday. It was a ton of fun, with a quite impressive fireworks display after the game. On sunday I went out to support him at another mountain bike race--a 20 mile race--and he did a fantastic job. I'll post a pic or two soon.

Right now I need to get back to my laundry and keep on hanging pictures..........

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I realized I never noticed this entry!! I don't know why :) Thanks for the shout out... maybe it is in the water?