Friday, August 27, 2010

To be fair...

Time changes perspective, doesn't it?  The things you previously chose to ignore or overlook resurface with increased clarity.  My last post was overly dramatic.  Yes.  Unnecessarily honest, yet inaccurate.....

So the truth: I'm happy with the way things have turned out.  I had doubts all along that I chose to ignore because the positives outweighed the negatives.  Qualities that I knew I needed in order to feel fulfilled in the relationship weren't there, but I was willing to overlook the fact that those qualities were lacking.  Not to detract from the amazing qualities that were there....

The bottom line is: deep down I knew what I wanted and needed and my decision was the right decision, regardless of how the other party felt.  We both knew something was missing.  We will both be OK.

I promise the next post will be more lively and I will refrain from airing my dirty laundry in the future.  No one wants to read it....it was more of a cathartic exercise for me.

Not that anyone is reading this anyway :-)

No comments: